As we settle into a new normal, I wanted to give you an update of what’s going on in the church (although it’s the church scattered, not the church gathered).
And I want to say a personal word of thanks to many of our church members who have shown a heart for service and love during this time! Let’s keep being the church in the midst of a crisis!
Here are some important updates from Swift Creek:
1. All church activities, including worship services, are officially canceled through April 11.
2. We will continue to post video messages on Sunday mornings by 9:30. These will be posted on the website and our Facebook page for you to access at your convenience.
3. We are working to provide all of our adult connect groups with the capability of meeting online. You will be hearing more on this very soon.
4. Tracey Beach (children’s director) and Janelle Collazo (preschool director) have prepared easy-to-use lessons to help parents lead their children through our Sunday morning Bible study. These lessons will be emailed, and will also be posted on our website.
5. Pastor Mark has begun an ongoing series of posts called “SIC: Self Isolation Challenge,” that will encourage and challenge our students during this time of “isolation.” He will also be leading a Wednesday Bible study that will be posted. Students and parents, be on the lookout for this!
6. Our prayer guide will be sent out each Wednesday via email. If you have a prayer need that you would like to be sent out to the church, please send the prayer request to email@example.com.
7. We are establishing a designated fund called “Corona Care,” which will be used to help people who have been affected financially through this national crisis. Perhaps God has blessed you, and you would like to be a blessing to others. Or perhaps, as one of our church members suggested, you might be wiling to donate your (future) stimulus check that President Trump has mentioned. If you would like to give to help others, you can write a check to Swift Creek Baptist Church, with the memo: Corona Care. Or you can give to this fund online at swiftcreekbaptist.org.
8. Speaking of giving, you may still send in your offerings with a check. Just send it to the church. Or you may give online at swiftcreekbaptist.org. Just go to the “Give Online” link at the top of the page. It is very easy to set up.
Church, know that you are loved and being prayed for during this time.