Peru Mission Trips for 2022-2023
Experience Peru Trip
December 29 – January 3
Target: SCBC members new to Peru and/or new to international mission trips
Approx. Group Size: 4-6
Create an experience that will impact lives long after the trip
- Daily Morning devotionals on God’s heart for the nations
- Group meals with the Smiths and other IMB missionaries
- Personal/family challenges to pray, give, go, and send (corporately).
- See idol/shrine sites
- Exposure to an international city having a population of 10-12 million
Understand Missions Strategy
- On-site instructional time on Missionary Task
- Meeting with Cristo El Salvador leadership
- Understanding Latin American Catholicism and Animism from the mountains/jungles
- Prayer walking city center, San Juan de Lurigancho, and Jicamarca
- Worship with Cristo El Salvador and Church Plant
- Discipleship shadowing or community evangelism follow-ups
Vacation Bible School Trip
February 11-20, 2023
Target: SCBC members interested in working alongside Cristo El Salvador to provide a Vacation Bible School program for children in the Jicamarca community
Approx. Group Size: 10-12
February is summer vacation time in Peru and the kids in Jicamarca don’t have much to do. We will prepare and present a multi-day VBS program for children, ages 3-14. The program will include Bible stories, games, skits, crafts, music and snacks. The program will be a joint effort as our team will be mixed with Cristo El Salvador/Jicamarca church members. This is a huge opportunity to interact with children who will take their experiences home to their families and provide the local church with contacts to follow-up with.
This trip will also include training on the Missionary Task, interaction with the Smith family and other IMB personnel, prayer walking and worship services at Cristo El Salvador and Jicamarca.