No services or activities Until further notice
We’re keeping up-to-date information about in-person activities on this page. Click here for further updates, resources, and encouragement for your day from your Swift Creek staff.
As we settle into a new normal, I wanted to give you an update of what’s going on in the church (although it’s the church scattered, not the church gathered).
And I want to say a personal word of thanks to many of our church members who have shown a heart for service and love during this time! Let’s keep being the church in the midst of a crisis!
Here are some important updates from Swift Creek:
- All church activities, including worship services, are officially canceled through April 11.
- We will continue to post video messages on Sunday mornings by 9:30. These will be posted on our church’s website and our Facebook page for you to access at your convenience.
- We are working to provide all of our adult connect groups with the capability of meeting online. You will be hearing more on this very soon.
- Tracey Beach (children’s director) and Janelle Collazo (preschool director) have prepared easy-to-use lessons to help parents lead their children through our Sunday morning Bible study. These lessons will be emailed, and will also be posted on our website.
- Pastor Mark has begun an ongoing series of posts called “SIC: Self Isolation Challenge,” that will encourage and challenge our students during this time of “isolation.” He will also be leading a Wednesday Bible study that will be posted. Students and parents, be on the lookout for this!
- Our prayer guide will be sent out each Wednesday via email. If you have a prayer need that you would like to be sent out to the church, please send the prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are establishing a designated fund called “Corona Care,” which will be used to help people who have been affected financially through this national crisis. Perhaps God has blessed you, and you would like to be a blessing to others. Or perhaps, as one of our church members suggested, you might be wiling to donate your (future) stimulus check that President Trump has mentioned. If you would like to give to help others, you can write a check to Swift Creek Baptist Church, with the memo: Corona Care. Or you can give to this fund online at swiftcreekbaptist.org.
- Speaking of giving, you may still send in your offerings with a check. Just send it to the church. Or you may give online at swiftcreekbaptist.org. Just go to the “Give Online” link at the top of the page. It is very easy to set up.
Church, know that you are loved and being prayed for during this time.
ALL ONGOING OPPORTUNITIES ARE CURRENTLY CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Our blended worship service includes a time of praise through song and a powerful message from Senior Pastor Monty Guice.
We invite you to join us for a time of Bible study and fellowship on Sunday Mornings. Classes are available for every age and stage of life. Look for our Connect Group Directory under the visitor tab.
Wednesday Night Activities (September-May)
Equipping Classes: Wednesday Nights at 6:30pm. New classes are offered every few weeks. Take a gander at our Equipping brochure under the visitor tab for the latest offerings for men’s, women’s, and co-ed classes.
Students and Children: Wednesday Nights, children (2yrs-5th) are invited to participate in our AWANA program where they will hear Bible stories, memorize scripture, and play games. Students (6th-12th) meet in our Refuge Student Center for a time of large group worship and discipleship.Younger children can be dropped off in the nursery.
Music: Choirs for adults, students, and children have rehearsal at various times on Wednesday nights. Check out our worship ministry page for times and locations.
Thursday Night Activities (September-May)
English as a Second Language
Thursdays | 6-8pm
Swift Creek offers ESL classes to the community once a week during the school year. Classes and childcare are free, and participants do not need to register ahead of time. If you are interested in volunteering with ESL, email David Peat Sr. at email@example.com.
Crenshaw Elementary Backpack Program (September-May)
Help us feed hungry kids in our community. Non-perishable foods and snacks may be placed in the large box in the Main Hallway by the Fellowship Hall entrance. If you are not already contributing through your Connect Group Class, you may pick up a list of suggested food items at the donation bin. For more information, call Donnie Dalton, 804-690-5507
Chesterfield Food Bank- Second Saturdays
Swift Creek is excited to be serving with the Chesterfield Food Bank. We will be helping with the food distribution at A.M. Davis Elementary school on the second Saturday of each month. This is a great opportunity to serve with your entire family! What to Expect
Ongoing for Women:
Free Resources from Right Now Media
Swift Creek is offering free access to a huge, streaming, online, access-on-any-device library of over 10,000 video Bible studies, leadership videos, kids shows and more. Its like the Netflix of Bible Study videos! Contact the church office to receive your emailed invitation.