What is MOPS?
MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. MOPS International exists to meet the needs of every mom – urban, suburban and rural moms, stay-at-home and working moms, teen, single and married moms – moms with different lifestyles who all share a similar desire to be the very best moms they can be! MOPS recognizes that the years from infancy through kindergarten are foundational in a mother-child relationship and are filled with unique needs.
MOPS helps moms through relationships established in the context of local groups that provide a caring atmosphere for today’s mothers of young children. MOPS also encourages and supports moms through resources such as books and their website.
This is accomplished by providing:
- A fun, relaxing atmosphere free from children for mothers to enjoy being with other mothers
- Social time for mothers to just chat uninterrupted
- Devotional teaching on different aspects of being a good mother and a godly woman
- Creative craft projects and ideas where mothers can enjoy learning a new skill they can use in their home and complete a project in one sitting
- Care Groups where mothers have a chance to build intimate friendships with a smaller group of women
- Life Lessons where the mothers learned valuable information, such as Learning Your Child’s Love Language, Infant/ Child CPR, Home Organization, Cake decorating, painting techniques, just to name a few.
MOPS Is About…
- Celebrating motherhood
- Meeting needs
- Making Connections
- Experiencing God’s love…through relationships and resources
When Do We Meet?
Our first meeting of the new year is September 13th, 2018. The MOPS Group at Swift Creek Baptist Church will meet on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, September thru May, from 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Where is my child during MOPS?
MOPPETS, a quality children’s program where they are loved and learn about the love of Jesus. Children’s classes are available with pre-registration.
What Do We Do?
Our goal is to provide a Christ-centered caring ministry for expectant mothers, as well as, mothers of infants through kindergarten. We are glad to be able to offer a home school room for mothers of preschoolers who are currently homeschooling older children. We will spend our meetings exploring our roles as women, mother, wife, friend, daughter, seeker …
The meetings will consist of:
- Inspirational & Topical speakers
- Creative Activities – Crafts and Community Service Projects
- Fellowship Time
What Will It Cost Me?
The annual registration fee is $31.95. This fee goes to MOPS International and you will receive the following:
- 1 year subscription to MOMSense Magazine
- Mom-E-Mail ~ Weekly burst of encouragement
- MyMOPS Online Benefits ~ monthly mom and kid activities, contests, coupons, and FREE music downloads
There is a $45 semester fee that covers childcare, craft supplies, and meeting costs.
How Can I Register For Mops?
Registration is closed for the 2018/2019 year. Fill out this form to be contacted if space becomes available.
Additional Bible Study!
We are excited to offer a women’s Bible study on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursday of each month. We encourage all those who are involved in MOPS to consider joining this study and growing closer to God through the study of His Word and fellowship with other believers. The study will also include childcare for children of all ages (home school room included!). If you are a registered member of MOPS, the Bible study will be FREE of charge, book and all! This study is open to all women.
Early 2019 Session: Entrusted (A Study of 2 Timothy) by Beth Moore
We were never meant to take this journey of faith alone or in secret. God has entrusted us with the great and mighty gift of the gospel, something too precious and life-giving to keep to ourselves.
In this 6-session Bible study, Beth will encourage you to guard what God has entrusted to you, further His kingdom by sharing Christ with others, and pour into future generations just as Paul once mentored Timothy. Because in this journey of joy and hardship, we need each other to stay the course and live lives of faithfulness.
- Biblically-rooted and gospel-centered content
- Interactive teaching videos (approximately one hour per session)
- Leader material available with guides to questions and discussion with small groups
- Beth’s recitation of 2 Timothy to encourage Scripture memorization
- 5 personal study segments with homework to complete between 6 weeks of group sessions
- Additional articles by Melissa Moore, Beth’s daughter and ministry partner, included
Where Can I Get More Information?
Call the Preschool Office at 804.739.3001 and we will contact you, or visit the MOPS website at www.mops.org.